The European Bus and Coach Industry Guide
Developed continuously since 1993
Word and Excel 2003
This Guide contains information on every country in Europe (as far east as Russia, Turkey and Cyprus) for buses and coaches, generally above a gross weight of approximately 7.5 - 8.0 tonnes ie. 25-30 seats and above. Vehicles below that weight are almost always derived from high volume panel vans or light trucks.
The amount of information available for each market varies, particularly for eastern European countries. Hungary and the former Yugoslavia at one time produced excellent statistics, but little data is available from some of the other markets.
The Guide also includes important news involving European makers outside Europe, eg acquisitions, joint ventures and large sales contracts.
For most countries, especially the larger ones, the entries consist of seven sections, which are always in the same sequence:
- A summary page, giving brief general notes on the market, the total numbers of vehicles in circulation, and, where relevant, the principal domestic builders of buses and coaches. The date of the last update is given as a footer in the bottom right hand corner.
- More detailed notes on the bus and coach industry in the market, including manufacturers, major operators, and other relevant comments. The date of the last update is given in the bottom right hand corner.
- Names and addresses of manufacturers, telephone and fax numbers, web site addresses and principal executives. The date of the last update is given in the bottom right hand corner.
- Summary specifications, in a standard layout, of integral vehicles and chassis, over 7.5 tonnes gross, produced by domestic manufacturers. These should be read as indicative, because most manufacturers offer a wide range of optional equipment. The date of the last update is given in the top right hand corner.
- Data on registrations and sales of new vehicles. There is no standard reporting system within Europe. Different countries use different starting points, in terms of size and weight. Therefore, wherever possible,the data will state which sizes of vehicles are included, eg over 7.5 tonnes gross. The date of the last update is given in the bottom right hand corner.
- Data on production of new vehicles in those countries where chassis and/or complete vehicles are constructed. Where production by model is available, cross-reference can be made to the specifications (see 4 above). The date of the last update is given in the bottom right hand corner.
- Data on numbers of vehicles in circulation. The date of the last update is given in the bottom right hand corner.
After a customer has made the initial purchase of the Guide, and if he does not need monthly updating, there is the option of the supply of a complete up-to-date electroic download at any time for EUR 800.00. Normally, most of the registration and production data for the previous year has become available by February / March and most of the parc data, plus model changes, by September / October. Purchase of the Guide does not place any obligation on the customer to take any update.
Quotations for monthly, quarterly or annual updates are provided upon request by email, due to fluctuations on the foreign currency market.
The Guide is supplied by electronic download in Word and Excel 2003 format. We permit customers to make duplicate copies for their own staff and trust them not to sell or give the information to any third party.